Solutions to access die electrical characterization
Different Electrical Characterizations
Electrical Characterization is the key means to characterize and validate your product quality, but from tester to nano-probing, usecases and technologies involved are different: from a simple oscilloscope/ probing through the padsdown to most advanced nano-probing solutions/ applications.
- Tester enables device engineer standard electrical characterization (through PADS)
Check for more information on testers solutions to support effectively debug on silicon. our solution enables designer to have an in-house silicon validation solution, being independent of outsourced tester capabilities.
- Our tester is also perceived as a unique solution for failure engineers to enable advance fault localization combined with EFA technique (see our solutions)
- FIB enables accessing to any die location and building PAD. Hence, it is a designer troubleshooting solution, enabling creating access anywhere on the device, and still having a functional die (able to run test sequence)
Check our circuit edit solutions for FIB PADS information
- Timing Characterization enables designer to validate the different timing across the full DUT (device under test), and to characterize any time violation/ failing clock, etc…
- Check our Design solution for advanced timing characterization information - or our Design Debug product
- Nano-probing allows probing at gate/transistor level for best in-class electrical characterization .
- Valuable for gate analysis for the process integration engineer
- Valuable to validate fault localization prior to physical characterization – ensuring correlation between the electrical characterizations of a potential fault with expected simulation results.
Nano-Probing - flexibilities in applications
Sector Technologies offers multiple solutions for electrical analysis & more specifically, for Nano- Probing. Application range & electrical probing quality drive the technologies needs
There are multiple applications enabled by efficient nano-probing solution for both technology development and failure analysis needs.
Nano-probing – technical requirement for advance node – down to 22nm
Electrical characterization requirements for the most advanced node can be summarized as:
- Ensuring quality probing
- with long enough probing time/ multiple landing
- ensuring localization of the probing
- without damaging signal nor device
- Enabling applications
- Providing flexibility in probing position
- Providing ease of use in applications / landing
Sector Technologies offers high end solutions to fit your nano-probing requirements
- Check how NI (Nano Instrument from DCG System– former Zyvex) innovative solution provides both best in class nano probing solution, proven for 22nm and wide range of applications.